Health Benefits of Potatoes
We all like potatoes. There are many interesting and delicious recipes with them. But, potatoes are healthy as well. They can give us a lot of nutrients we need. Of course, when we dip them is a deep fryer, all those benefits go away, but if we make a meal on a proper way, we will enjoy in these benefits.
• Bananas are best known for their potassium levels. They are very high and they are good in controlling blood pressure. They have 9% of your daily need for potassium. However, a baked potato has 20%. A sweet potatoes has 12%. Cubing potatoes is something you should avoid, because it can reduce potassium from them up top 75%. Bake them with their skin.
• Tomatoes inhibit growth of cancer cells. Our healthy cells communicate between them. On the other side, cancer cells don’t. They do what they want, and this is a huge problem. Because of this, you should eat fruit and vegetables with beta-carotene. Potatoes are an excellent source of it.
• Manganese is important for bone health. It can be found in tomatoes. Both, sweet and regular tomatoes contain manganese. A sweet, baked potato will provide you 32% of your daily need. A regular baked potato will provide you 22%.
• You may believe that sweet potatoes raise blood sugar levels more than regular potatoes. In fact, they raise it 30% less than regular potatoes. They can achieve this thanks to soluble fiber content that is high.
• Both sweet and regular tomatoes contain a lot of vitamin B6. In fact, these potatoes contain 47% and 25% of your daily need. The Vitamin B6 is important for enzymes in your body.